View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

i've been using polysporin...but still infected and getting worse.

the anxiety just happens out of nowhere. i never used to be like this until the third-last concussion. the fear of psychosis is definitely causing its own anxiety. yes, i only use the oxazepam when i absolutely need to; just didn't like the idea of using them so close to the injury. i really don't like their rebound effect, but the temporary relief is great.

does the amount of alcohol come into play? is there a tipping point? because other than this last injury (which was a minor concussion), every other one was suffered when i was nearly or completely black-out drunk.

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
NSAIDs should be OK. There is a product that is fabulous for infected wounds. The vet version is Vetricyn. It is available at pet and animal care stores. It is used on horses when they get cuts and scrapes. There is a version for humans but it is the same and just goes by a different name and costs more. Microcyn is harder to find.

What is triggering your anxiety ? Fear of psychosis ? Any benzo should be used at the minimum dose and frequency. Using a benzo only as a rescue for times when symptoms peak is best.

There have been studies that show the brain is more tolerant of impact when alcohol is on board. The alcohol appears to disrupt the cascade of concussion chemistry.

Ibuprofen is fine. Aspirin is too. Tylenol/acetaminophen is not recommended.
dumb bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote