View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone. I'm still dealing with a severe flare up in my left arm after the IV issues on Monday...and still in my left hand thanks to the IV the first day and the blood clot that's still there in my hand from it. Hard to tell if I have gotten any "relief" from the infusions so far because of the flare up. Once that settles down...then I think I will have a better idea.

I had my 4th (and last) infusion on Wednesday. I chose to have them do it in the left arm again because...well...if they messed up and I ended up with a flare up in my right arm too I would have been sunk. So while it was painful to do in the left...I think it was the right decision because the pain was already about as bad as it could be. The doctor who successfully got the IV in on Monday did it again for me on Wednesday...so at least it went in quickly on the first try. We kept heat packs on it during the whole treatment to help with the pain. The whole think Wednesday was pretty uneventful except that when they took the IV out it bled really badly...through the bandaid within a couple minutes. I did the usual surveys and blood draw at the start of the appointment, EKGs, and vitals...same as the first last 2 infusions.

Today (Friday), I went back to get blood drawn, vitals, and have EKGs...and had one survey to take about my pain levels. The flare up is probably skewing my survey results...but nothing I can do about that. It was a fast appointment...lasted only 20 minutes or so.

I go back for another follow up in a month. They said it can take 120 days for the full effects of the meds to take place...so I'll stay optimistic for some relief once the flare ups die down. Today is not really a good day...on top of the arm my leg pain is acting up and I'm shuffling around like a little old lady...lol.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-19-2017), PurpleFoot721 (08-18-2017), RSD ME (08-18-2017)