View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 07:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

We're on the plane. Early start to the day with everyone saying they had to get up early. Gosh it's an 8.15 departure. We were up at our normal time and got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Good thing we did, self check in this week gone totally self service so no assistance for the disabled. DB with 2 suitcases and dyslexia, me struggling to juggle walking stick handbag and tickets to navigate the self service check. Not easy as the ticketing machine not functioning, hundreds of people complaining, bag drop not working and staffed with 2 staff who had no idea of how to assist the 200 or so people trying to navigate computers which are clearly having a "I don't want to work moment" and the 2 staff on not able to process passengers manually because they DONT KNOW HOW! .....

We finally got upstairs, no wheelchair so I'm struggling and then the palava with the going through the machine which of course I can't because of my SCS. Rather a stressful and hysterical start to a holiday break. DB very agitated, but handled himself admirably.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 08-19-2017 at 03:56 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-06-2017), kiwi33 (08-19-2017)