View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 05:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi. How long after a hard concussion can i activate and train my brain? Or is rest..

Hi. How long after a hard concussion can i activate and train my brain? Or is rest the best medicine for a while if symptoms/dizziness still are felt?

--
Hi. I skateboarded 3-4 weeks ago, and went up like a big wall in a pool, but made a big fall backwards, and hit the back of my head hard! (Aouch!) I was unconscious for 3-5 min i think.. Was not many people there at that time, late. Nobody saw my fall, etc. Bad luck. (But i got some info after, and guessing 3-5 min unconscious.)

I still have a headache now 3-4 weeks later on, and my balance is a bit slow, and my thinking/memory/concentration also. But i mostly feel lightheaded and dizzy when i am out just walking. And i have of course never experienced that before the fall. That is what i feel is the most uncomfortable, and the headaches. And yes, it was very stupid to not wear a helmet that time. Was very close. Bad accident, bad luck. I have bought an helmet for next year, if i feel better then. I must, i really hope so!

I hope i will be good as new this Christmas.. Then it has gone some time. I found this link:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-concussion_syndrome

Anyways. I try and sleep good and eat good.. What are the best ways for me to become fully healed in the next couple of weeks/months? Should i just take it easy and listen to like sound books, or watching movies? Should i sleep much/more?
If anyone has the knowledge of how to recover after a concussion, i would really appreciate the help. My dizziness and slow pace when walking, i hope and think it will go away eventually. But, i actually did *not throw up* after, and that's good. (But i was feeling sick to my stomach days after, but did not throw up.)
I just felt asleep for a while after. And the first week was really slow. I'm better now, but i'm not fully recovered... I'm at 80-(90)% maybe. I do not want to feel dizzy and lightheaded outside, and stuff. Walking slow and a bit "shaky". Also, i have headache in the back of my head right now a bit.. (But mostly just have a headache, which i rarely have otherwise.) Need to take an aspirin. But i would very much appreciate advice on a full recovery of my brain. Meditation? Rest?

I have been in front of my computer the last weeks, and have played some games. But, i do not know if it's healthy for me..

That's mostly what i want to know. If i should rest/meditate.. Take it very slow. OR if i can read books and activate my brain more? Can i play myst like games, etc? The witness games, puzzles and train my brain, or should i cut down on it? Might be good to activate the brain as much as possible, or not, and listen to sound books and stay away from flashing games, etc. I do not know. Might just be the first days or weeks they recommend that for people perhaps? Might be cool now to put "pressure" on it/challenge it, i do not know.

What is the best for recovery?

(Also.. If i get back to myself and feel fully recovered later on.. Will i have lost a big part of brain cells, or intelligence, or does that come back normally in time?)

Thanks allot! Please answer if you have knowledge on this topic with concussions, and recovery, or in general. Peace out
temporary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote