View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Post check in everything has been wonderful including the delightful woman who had to do a pat search on me as I can't go thru the electronic scanner. There was no privacy screen so she made sure she turned me on an angle that no one could witness what she was doing while I was stood, then got a chair for me to sit to remove my boots & take to the scanner, she returned and having witnessed the struggle I had to bend and take them off she got down on her hands and knees and put them on. The gate staff were very helpful and the stewardesses on the plane exceptional. Driver who collected us at the airport helpful & hotel check in was smooth. We had to wait a short time for the room to be ready with room check in 3pm but we arrived at noon & our room was ready by 1pm. While waiting the staff bought us drinks to cool down, its 30 plus up here and we've come from cold winter. The drinks were a mix of ginger, mango, orange, lemon and some other fruit I can't quite pick. The hotel is a 5*resort.

We have a 1brm villa suite with our own private courtyard and plunge pool. The main heated pool is about 100 metres away and the dining deck overlooks the pool. Dinner last night was excellent with DB polishing off what I couldn't eat. I've lost my appetite significantly having lost 3kg since going to hospital early July. We're in Broome and it was the race cup final day, so there was an array of people dressed in their finery, some wonderful colour mixes with glorious dresses and hats. I had booked a table for dinner during the week as I knew it was the final day of the cup, lucky I thought ahead. Even though the resort is full it's very quiet and relaxing.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 08-20-2017 at 01:44 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-06-2017), kiwi33 (08-20-2017), PurpleFoot721 (08-20-2017), Wide-O (08-21-2017)