View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 12:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Help Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!

Hello, Hello, Hello Everyone!!!

As I just told a member here in a Private Msg, its sure as hell been a LONG TIME since I've posted here-let alone even logged on to contribute!! Matter of fact, I just went back to the last thread I started on 1/4/2017 and stated I would link this one back to that one as well. Kinda like bringing all those kind, caring members along for the ride into this thread - which is more or less just to bring those of you up to speed on what Im up to at the moment & ahead:
(What we call a SITREP in the Marine Corps!!)

About To Start Trial Period on Cervical SCS

Going in Tue for another Stellate Ganglion Block which is meant to treat both pain and PTSD (Google it!) to see for yourself. This really isn't a REAL SURGERY per se since they only sedate me a little and not put me all the way under because I need to be awake so I follow his orders to NOT SWALLOW during it since he puts the bigger needle thru my throat all the way to C7 at the bottom of C-SPINE where the large mass of nerves (Ganglion) are. He does it with a fluoroscope so he sees the needle going down toward that mass. Ive had like 4-5 of these already and we decide to do this one instead of a Cervical Epidural, Coolief Radio Frequency Ablation, or anything else.

The BIGGER NEWS IS - After that, my VA counselor and I are finishing up filling out an application to ANOTHER Residential In Patient PTSD Program - this time at the Coatsville, PA VA Medical Center (In 2012 it was Baltimore VAMC - which has subsequently closed and moved elsewhere.
These Programs are more meant for Vets w PTSD from any source / reason. Mostly those w Suicidal Ideations, Nightmares, Triggers, Recurring thoughts of traumatic incidents, etc - I'm presently fighting off all of these and mine are mostly Combat related which this particular program targets (No Pun Intended)

I also wanted to begin to detox myself off the Percocets (Last Opiates Im taking!) too and they came back w an answer of me having to go thru their 3 week Substance Abuse Program first and then move to the PTSD one which is another 4-6 weeks on top of that! YEAH RIGHT. Like I can take 10 weeks off!
I did obtain 160 hours of donated leave time though!) which is super kind of folks! (I work for VA in Wash DC if you folks didnt know or forgot). So once we submit the app and then I need to be interviewed (teleconference) and I will plead my case to only do "maybe" a few days or week of detox, and start taking Suboxone / Bupe - which I already have 6 boxes of from my Pain Doc who wants me off the Percocets all together! He tells me (which I know is BS because Ive been on Suboxone before in 2012) that the Subs / Bupe is a Pain Killer itself so after stopping the Percs my pain will be controlled by the Bupes! (Personally I think this is BS) and the pain Ive endured over all these years is the only thing that scares me since NOTHING else has worked to alleviate the pain. I even tried this new thing with CBD Oil and the cannabis route. I will admit that some of the edibles tasted fantastic too!

So thats whats going on medically at the present time.

Additionally - BIG NEWS = Im now officially rated as 100% per VA?
Though the tax free monthly checks are pretty nice, the huge gains are that Virginia waives any Property Tax obligations (Both on homes & vehicles) for Disabled Vets at 100% .

So Im gonna cut this short now since its a Sunday and my grass is 2 feet high and I better cut it now before the surgery since I wont be able to afterward! Recovery time is not too bad but post pain is. Hoping he can give me some extra pain meds 15mg Oxycodone alone to add to the Percocet. I HOPE.

Well take good care of yourselves everyone!. Hope everyone is feeling well both mentally and physically out there! Again, MANY to all those members for your supportive words via PM and here on threads. I TRULY TRULY appreciate every one of them - all from folks Ive never even met before too.

Gunny Fitz Out..............................

Ps. For those of you who know "Russell", he is doing well but I can see aging in him. Arthritis to his back legs and slower gait while walking hurts ME to see! We have our annual Public Access Test the week after surgery though. Wish me (or him) luck because his commands have slipped a great deal over time! For those who don't know what this PAT is, I just found this super website which explains it ALL in great detail. Despite having done these every year since I've received Russell, I never knew about this site, so its also very helpful to me so maybe we can practice a little more!
Thought I'd attach a few pics of him / us for you all too.

***Anyone considering a Service Dog for PTSD or ANY Trauma is welcome to PM me if you have any questions, or are seeking to obtain one for yourself?
He is without a doubt one of the BEST things to ever happen to me! I have LITERALLY been within eye & ear shot of him since 2012 when he came into my life!

Public Access Test for Minimum Service Dog Behavior
Attached Thumbnails
Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-bobs-caddy-jpg   Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-trot-jpg   Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-meeting-jpg   Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-patio-table-jpg   Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-paw-shake-jpg  

Gunny Fitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-22-2017), ger715 (08-22-2017), Rrae (10-08-2017), St George 2013 (08-22-2017)