View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

According to the DDO xanax is more addictive than Heroin. Yet we were unwittingly prescribed this drug. I had no idea, DB learned I was taking it in 2012 and told me. To this day, I believe my cessation of xanax and the CSF leak caused the grand mal seizure in August 2012. The day I broke 4 vertebrae and 2 ribs when they did CPR.

No one told me how dangerous the drug was /is. I was prescribed it in 2010 to aid with my PTSD. No one told me not to stop taking it over night, in fact nobody told me anything until DB told me it's as addictive as heroin and I thought holy crap I need to stop this stuff I don't want to be addicted to anything. So I went from 2x 2mg a day to zero on August 3rd, I had a rhyzotomy on that day and took 1mg in the evening, none after that. The headache started on the Saturday, by Friday I was in hospital and on Monday night 60 minutes after I saw the Neurosurgeon I had the seizure. I recall nothing from 7pm to 10pm. Around 10pm I asked to speak with DB on the phone, the nurse told him nothing to worry about she's just had a panic attack. I was restarted on it 3 weeks later when they realised I'd fractured T3,4,5&6 and ribs 8&9. My anxiety was out of control, I couldn't believe they discharged me from hospital with all those fractures and the nurse on discharge viciously stating I'm nothing but a drug addict wanting attention.

Benzo's who knew...

[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
PJ, funny you mention that. When I talk about rehab, I always talk about the alcohol. Even though I know that in the grand scheme of things - especially in my country - benzos are a much bigger problem. So... I was addicted to Xanax too (one of the most addictive benzos).

The people who ran the rehab confirmed that benzos are a very underestimated problem, because a) they are given to about everyone who says they feel a bit tense and b) because they are addictive as hell.

I had done this for 10 years, so when I went to rehab, I not only broke with drinking, but also with a 10 year Xanax addiction. I don't know why, but I could clearly feel and understand the difference of the symptoms I had after getting sober.
ger715 (08-21-2017), Wide-O (08-21-2017)