View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 08:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

And yet another reason this year needs to end, through all my issues I've had one good arm... my non-dominant arm, but one goodish one all the same, until yesterday. Went to the movies and got to enjoy muscles spasms in both hands that were so bad I was tossing around popcorn and rasianettes like a heckler rather than them actually making it to the mouth, but okay I could live with that, then on the way home went to reach forward in the car when "shuck crack!" my right shoulder right along the collar bone exploded with pain. Thankfully as I found out from 3 hours up at the ER it did not break my collarbone as quickly became the fear afterwards. It did most likely tear a few ligaments however, so I've a sling to wear now and a follow-up with my primary to get some MRI's done of my neck and shoulder.

Fun fun fun. Right along with the doctor giving me a small valium to try and relax the muscles and then calling the nurse to see if they gave it to me since it did nothing at all to calm anything at all down even an hour after taking it, so that had me telling the doctor to look at my records again... Uncontrollable muscle spasms and look at the crap I already take and I'm getting ready for a surgical implant to assist with that, but 5mg of valium is pretty much a skittle to my rebellious body.

I mean it was loud enough of a crack that my DH heard it in the car with the a/c on full blast and the windows down. He actually jumped and then turned to me asking me "Okay... what body part was that?" once he realized it wasn't something on the car. Ow!

Surgery or not I'm ready to crawl into hibernation, wake me up when it's 2018 and we'll try again for another year.