View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
According to the DDO xanax is more addictive than Heroin. Yet we were unwittingly prescribed this drug. I had no idea, DB learned I was taking it in 2012 and told me. To this day, I believe my cessation of xanax and the CSF leak caused the grand mal seizure in August 2012. The day I broke 4 vertebrae and 2 ribs when they did CPR.

No one told me how dangerous the drug was /is. I was prescribed it in 2010 to aid with my PTSD. No one told me not to stop taking it over night, in fact nobody told me anything until DB told me it's as addictive as heroin and I thought holy crap I need to stop this stuff I don't want to be addicted to anything. So I went from 2x 2mg a day to zero on August 3rd, I had a rhyzotomy on that day and took 1mg in the evening, none after that. The headache started on the Saturday, by Friday I was in hospital and on Monday night 60 minutes after I saw the Neurosurgeon I had the seizure. I recall nothing from 7pm to 10pm. Around 10pm I asked to speak with DB on the phone, the nurse told him nothing to worry about she's just had a panic attack. I was restarted on it 3 weeks later when they realised I'd fractured T3,4,5&6 and ribs 8&9. My anxiety was out of control, I couldn't believe they discharged me from hospital with all those fractures and the nurse on discharge viciously stating I'm nothing but a drug addict wanting attention.

Benzo's who knew...

[/I]

I guess I didn't give much thought to the use of Benzo's until now. One of the meds I have been taking daily for years, dealing with mostly the muscle spasms rather than anxiety, is Valium.

Since I started taking it, the muscle spasms on the side of neck and shoulder has improved. For years I wasn't able to sleep on my left side because of the muscle pain. Now I can.

Am now a bit concerned because Valium is part of the benzo family.....Hymmmm ...

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (08-23-2017), Wide-O (08-22-2017)