View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 02:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steffi, welcome back! You were missed..I don't come on here too frequently, but love your posts, among others.
Ann, your title especially touched me, especially after a strange conversation with my niece and husband yesterday; my niece, who was visiting from Phoenix, asked me how I was doing. We'd been takling abou something I cannot remember, not parkinsons. So I asked if she was referring to our conversation subject, she said, no-your illness. She wanted to know how was I doing, what were my current symptoms.
I don't complain; am oneof those people who just push on, and when needed, fall onto the nearest surface to rest. My husband does not like to talk about my illness at all, so when Chels asked me, I just told her some of my current & most bothersome symptoms, trying to down play somewhat. Her eyes got really wide and sad and she asked how I managed them. Meds, of course. My husband-not meanly-said It sounds like you're almost dead to which I responded, Nope, I'm still on this side of the dirt (and my face isn't in it), it's a good day! It made me stop and think we'd better talk, again.
EmptyNest68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote