Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I'm getting brief periods where my neck isn't too bad, but the pain always comes back. All I can take is Tylenol, which doesn't do ****. At least I haven't had a MAJOR flare up since the beginning of the month.

I've put up with a lot of pain and a lot of unpleasant MS symptoms because I don't want to be on too many meds or deal with side effects. My mental health has been my main concern. The pain is so bad now that I'm considering going off lithium, but that scares me. It's a small dose because it's being used as an adjunct med, but I assume it's still serving a purpose. I think I will wait to see the ortho before I talk to my pdoc about going off of it. Maybe there is a treatment aside from an NSAID that will help.

Corey wanted a "regular fan... something quiet." I got lucky and found Honeywell "Quiet Set" stand fans ($40) online available at a local Target, so I bought one for in store pick up. I had to go find a MUCH less-damaged box myself tho.
It IS super-quiet and I think it does a good job of cooling the room. I slept with the covers on last night for the first time in a long time. I don't know yet how well Corey slept last night... I really hope he's happy (enough) with it... all I know is I bought exactly what he asked for, and IMHO it was a definite improvement.

I tried to withdraw cash from the Capital One ATM while I was at Target, and it didn't dispense my cash. I tried calling the customer service number on the ATM, and they told me I had to take the issue up with MY bank. I checked my checking account online when I got home and got settled, and it showed a debit and a credit for the ATM transaction... weird, especially so soon, but at least I don't have to deal with filing a claim

It's going to be over 90 degrees out today, so no laundry. In fact, I'm not going anywhere. I may do some light cleaning, but that's it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-22-2017), Dmom3005 (08-22-2017), ger715 (08-28-2017), Mari (08-22-2017), mymorgy (08-22-2017)