View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default New member: Looking for PCS advice about minor bumps after a concussion.

Hi everyone new member here.
I'm gonna make a really long story short because I want to get straight to the questions I have, but I'm an incoming college freshman (I move in in about a week) and I suffered from a concussion in mid April of 2017. During spring break I tripped and hit my head on concrete, giving myself a concussion, and I didn't really notice symptoms until I tried exercising and it backfired majorly. I had to take a week off of school and I was feeling A LOT better after about a month. Symptoms were headaches, brain fog, concentration issues the more I exerted my brain. I had a few minor setbacks along the way, but starting in June it seemed I was already feeling myself again... until I had SEVERAL minor hits to the head that seemed to bring back symptoms and kept occurring for some reason. At college orientation mid June I hit my head on my lofted bed, and was feeling better within a week. I was feeling pretty much completely better until a bunch more minor hits occurred. July 30th I hit my head on a low ceiling, which caused me to feel a bit foggy and headachy afterwards, August 3rd my friend and I were playing basketball and he shot an airball that hit me on top of the head (again had symptoms for a few days afterwards). Then again August 8th my friend was shooting basketball outside and it bounced off the rim and hit me in the face. After each of these instances I felt symptoms for a few days that went away. Recently 2 days ago I was hanging out with friends and one of my friends pulled me towards him and our heads collided not very hard at all but significant enough to cause me major anxiety. 2 days later and I'm feeling slight brain fog and minor headaches, and I'm wondering if these minor bumps should be something to be concerned about? Each of these hits were very minor, but could they have caused damage since I had so many of them? Are these symptoms real or is it just my anxiety hyper focusing on the symptoms and the fact that I hit my head again? As I move into college in a week, how conservative should I be about participating in athletic activities at school? I couldn't find anything else on the internet about minor bumps after a concussion, should I be worrying about these bumps at all?
nf2055 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote