View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
This is correct and vital: the danger is not so much in taking it (except when mixing with alcohol), but in getting off them without tapering. You really need a couple of weeks, do it very gradually, and pay attention to your body/brain.

Fortunately, valium is nowhere near as dangerous as Xanax, and if it helps you sleep (and nothing else will), and you are not upping the dose constantly, you might even consider staying with it. Talk to a doctor to make sure (I surely am not one!). No reason for panic or worry, just something you need to be aware of.

Thanks Wide-O. Appreciate the reassurance.
Both Primary and PM are aware as well as prescribing the Valium. The scrip reads take, as needed, up to a max of 4 per day.

I have a mild case of Cervical Dystonia. Was given Botox injections (prior to my taking Valium) which did nothing for me so I stopped with the injections. Valium is prescribed not only for anxiety; but Muscle spasms. When I started taking Valium a few years ago, neck/shoulder spasms were greatly reduced. Have not taken more than 2 1/2 a day for the past several years even tho there are enough tablets to take up to 4. Since I accumulate extra tablets, I usually don't refill as often. I do agree should I ever lower or stop, will do so with doctor's approval and guidance.

Gerry.
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (08-23-2017), Wide-O (08-23-2017)