View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 09:15 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hey guys, I am new to this group, but I am so glad that I found it! I am a 21 year old male and received the post exposure prophylaxis starting exactly 23 days ago (over 3 weeks ago). I was bitten by a rabid cat on my fingertip. I've spent the last 3 weeks absolutely paralyzed with anxiety and fear. Despite being told countless times by medical professionals and experts that I received the vaccine promptly and that I'll be completely fine, the anxiety is still lingering. This anxiety combined with vaccine reactions has definitely affected my life to the point of where I can't work because of fear that some little symptom will set off a panic attack.

It started with a headache and chills the morning after my Day 7 injection. That was followed by vomiting and diarrhea later in the morning. After that incident, I didn't have any more serious incidents. I got my Day 14 injection and I was good until about three to four days afterward. I started feeling tingling in my hands/fingers and toes. Then pain in my arms, mostly in the left arm(particularly on my elbow, wrist, and bicep area). The tingling has mostly gone away, but now I'm experiencing back pain. I'm currently researching to see if it might be related to the anxiety meds I've been put on.

Anyway, just wanted to share my story so far with this group. I'm really glad that I found it. It puts my mind at ease that I'm not alone in this and that rabies vaccine reactions are a very real thing. At least we can all get better together!
peacefulday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote