View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 08:11 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Love, love, LOVE this group!
I am ****** that alcohol put me in that crazy head spin and took my power away from me for a time but I am restored and pushing onward.
Money is very tight here so I must be very frugal but I found a cheap deal on a gym and will be joining today. I don't get out and walk much because no where nice to walk and also my fear of falling, but with the tread mill I can hold onto the supports and the bikes would be safe. I have much atrophy and muscle wasting and I am hoping I can build some muscle to help with the terrible debilitating weakness. It has to get better from here.

I was on the internet last night looking for success stories and reassurance that alcoholic neuropathy can be reversed but as always the info out there is mostly very discouraging. Those that report recovery or great improvement are very young with early onset or acute, as opposed to chronic. This terrible burning is fairly new so maybe this can be improved and my hope is that if I can build up my muscles, that will only help with the weakness. That is the goal anyway.

I am so grateful to have this forum to share. Hoping you are all happy, staying active, and enjoying life.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-24-2017), PamelaJune (08-24-2017)