View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 02:28 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulday View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome, Batbite. I'm not sure how long its gonna take before I'm fully healed, but in the meantime this group has been a great comfort. I hope the very best to you and everyone else getting through this.

Peaceful Day,
Welcome here. You are safe here and no one will judge you. Come and read as often as you like and ask us anything.

I have a few things I'd like to say to you as I go through this. I am over 4 months since my last shot.

Your body will go through changes. Very scary changes. But your body and all of ours are fighting what it thinks is rabies to protect us. So don't be too alarmed and when you are, reach out to us here. We have all been through this. It is a process.

Go to the doctor early and get the tests done early to rule anything out and believe what they say to you. If they come back clean, they are. This will bring much peace and calm to your life.

If you go in panicked as I have many times to doctors, they will immediately write you off as a hypochondriac and won't help you. They will say its anxiety EVERY TIME.
Also- never tell the neurologist about the vaccine and blame it- they DO NOT believe us. Maybe say something like this at the end "the only thing different I've done is get a rabies vaccine series" and they will be much more receptive. Act very cool and only slightly worried at doctors- it will go much better for you. They are almost like presenting a case before a judge! Think of it that way.

Stay busy. This is where I failed. I have quit working and am done with grad school. So all day long I was reading horror stories and went through extreme
Anxiety to the point it really affected my life. It has taken a heavy toll on relationships and I have spent thousands of dollars and time at doctors, all for naught. Big Big Mistake.

Be prepared for the long haul. Some days you'll feel amazing and some you won't get out of bed. That's okay. We have all been here. When this happens, write to us.

Get on MedHelp and also HealthTap. There are great vaccine sufferers and doctors on both.

Read these posts again and again and also journal. BatBite suggested journaling and she was right! Wish I had from beginning. Every day write "I will get through this."

And last: re- evaluate your life. Get right with friends and family and whatever higher powers you believe in. I sat around isolated and felt sorry for myself. Big error. Practice gratitude even in these hard times

But if I help you, then all of my suffering has been worth it!

We care about you here and we believe you. Your friends and family love you but don't want to hear about the vaccine day in and day out. They won't think you're lying, but they won't believe you like we do. They aren't going through it and that's okay. We are- but you're not alone
trippin2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Batbite24 (08-24-2017), Ratatat (08-15-2020)