Thread: Still Alive
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 09:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Still Alive

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've posted.

I was making some progress thanks to neuro optometry but not a lot to be honest.

Earlier this month I had a ruptured appendix and had a severe infection which required emergency surgery and removal of my appendix. I almost died but it seems I made it through.

This was hell to go through with my PCS symptoms. The worst part is since the surgery my symptoms have intensified dramatically. As I've written about before my worst symptoms are visual with my light sensitivity sort of being at the ridiculous level. I'm having to wear sunglasses indoors in the dimlight with earplugs.

I'm coming up on 3 years since the concussion that started this nightmare. I guess I'm really starting to lose hope as my symptoms don't seem to be fading and there is really no way a human being could live like this for many more years. There are so many studies talking about 2 years being the date when improvements are mostly seen and with my 3 year mark coming up it's hard to imagine I'll ever get to a point where life will have any joy to it. To put it simply, I'm running out of gas. It's amazing I've made it this far.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote