View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 07:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs down I still hate MS, but I refuse to give up...lol

Hi everyone!

I apologize because I haven't been on much lately. So much has happened. I have been on Provigil to battle the fatigue for a few months now. I saw my neuro last week. He wrote a script for Mirapex 0.125mg TID to help with my tremors and Yes! I can put the bibs in a drawer for now! The Mirapex has worked for my tremors!

We talked about DMD's. He explained that he knows I must be frustrated (having tried and failed 4 DMD's in 13 months). He explained that I have 20+ active lesions bilaterally and a larger active lesion on my brainstem. They have been active since before my MRI in February, 2016. They are still active and there is no change in my MRI. He explained that it is like I have gone untreated because I have not been able to tolerate the medications. Because of my intolerances and other health issues, there is only 1 option left and that is Ocrevus. I was really hoping to hear more data before I had to consider this drug. I am out of options. My symptoms have continued to worsen. I am currently waiting on the infusion center at the hospital in Brunswick to call with an appt.

I have started using my SilverSneakers membership that I receive for free through my Medicare Advantage Plan. It provides me with free membership to gyms and YMCA's all over the country at no cost. I only rode a recumbent bike for about a half hour (3 miles) yesterday, but it is about moving and trying to strengthen, right? I am going to try to go 3-5 times a week and it is a 24/7 gym, I prefer to go while it's staffed just incase. I wear my cooling vest and they are aware that if my legs go numb, I just need time to cool off.

I had been staying with friends about 6 days out of the week, coming home 2 days, 1 night a week so my grandson would know that grandma hasn't abandoned him. last week on the evening that I was home, I was discussing changing my title from my son and brother's name into my name with my son. Then, I was explaining to my son that his stepdaughter was doing the same thing that his son did and lost his phone for doing it (messaging me while I was away from home-stepmom being mean to my grandson) and not being punished the same. I just feel they should be treated equally. My DIL went ballistic! She started screaming at me and threatening me (not the first time for either). I calmly stepped forward and said, "Come on". She came up going for my throat...lol...(I really have to admit that I don't have the sense God gave a pi$$ ant because of MS! There had been a time that I would have beaten her to show her what it felt like. I know I don't have the strength or balance anymore. lol I will not back down from anyone ever again...

My son stepped between us and swept her hands downward. She bounced off of him and fell back into a sitting position and came right back up. She grabbed my son by the throat (her fingers around his adam's apple) with hatred in her eyes. He managed to work her fingers off of his throat, she reached over him and grabbed me by the back of my neck..I calmly said, "That's it, I'm calling 911." I pressed charges and she is supposed to be charged with 3 counts of child endangerment. She left before the house filled with cops (state trooper was the first to arrive, county deputies). I live in the woods...lol....She is supposed to finish moving her stuff out of the house this weekend.

Now, I can have some peace and a lot less stress in my life. I apologize for this being so long, so how is everyone else doing?
bddouglas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Starznight (08-26-2017)