Thread: Still Alive
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 10:58 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Overcoming PCS is possible. This forum contains countless success stories to get inspiration from. During my struggles, I would repeat "Patience, Perseverance, Persistence". I would often journal on it to cultivate belief.

You've already identified a weakness that you can build from. Since you're so sensitive to light and noise, you can do a 'Controlled Exposure Progression'. This means allocating some time every day to expose yourself to light for a short and controlled amount of time. Start out very easy and don't overdue it. As you progress you increase your exposure time and the frequency. You will develop the tolerance over time. This works for noise as well. Note, this intervention is very effective if done properly, meaning, go slowly. Take lots of rest in between sets.

Also, I would highly recommend getting some topical magnesium spray, and spray it along your spinal cord, particularly around your neck where the cranial nerves connect to the brain stem (base of skull). I would do this in the morning and at night. Magnesium is a nervous system relaxant that could serve to calm down your overstimulated 'stuck-on-repeat' sensory system. I think float tank therapy would also help with this.

I use this spray: Amazon.com: Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil Spray 8 oz.: Health & Personal Care

Good luck

Hains
Hains is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Carried (08-30-2017), thorx89 (08-25-2017)