View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 08:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Oh you'd be surprised how much being threatened can give you strength and balance against a bully like that. You'd be feeling it later, I still remember chasing down someone who had broken into my car a few years ago, barefooted and in a bathrobe running down the road in the middle of the night and to think the 2 "suspects" were actually scared of me. But I did get their license plate number to give to the cops and a description of their car .

When the adrenaline wore off I not only couldn't feel my legs very well for the next couple of days but also had scrapped up the bottoms of my feet so bad on the tar I actually had holes in the balls of my feet. Not something I recommend anyone doing for sure, they could have been armed, but at the time I was livid. And that was just over a car... If anyone had tried anything against my GBs!!! I'd be the one wearing cuffs at the end I'm sure and probably would make Liam Neelson's character in Taken look like a soft-hearted teddy bear.

But excellent job standing up to her, and kudos for your son coming between you, with such a violent reaction to that moment, it means abuse has probably been going on for a while and good thing YOU pressed charges so it's not like your son would have a chance to "forgive and forget" and drop them. Though it can be difficult when it's a woman being charged with DV as we're often thought to be weaker sex and incapable of any 'real harm'... ha! And a lot of times guys don't like to admit they're being beaten up by a whittle girl so when it does happen guys are the least likely of all to seek any kind of help. My own grandfather was a perfect example, my grandmother beat him daily, often with deadly intent, but he shrugged it off cause he was a 'man' and she was just a 'woman', damned if he would admit to anyone that she was the cause of his black eyes and split lips.

Oh well a bit of ramble there, I seem to be getting more and more prone to that, ugh... but still just wanted to say good job and good luck to you, your son and your GBs. Hopefully peace will continue and your son and GBs will be happier and healthier now.
bddouglas (08-26-2017)