View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 12:04 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbite24 View Post
Part of this whole experience for me was processing the fact that I'd been bitten by a bat at all. Never in my life did I imagine something like this would happen. With modern animal control and most people being responsible pet owners, you kind of think the scourge of rabies would be relegated to long ago history...not so.

BatBite,
I was bitten by a bat too, what are the odds. (Maybe we should start playing lotto instead. Haha

I was walking my dog in phoenix at dusk and I saw the bat, thought nothing of it. Figured he'd fly on to his next spot!
Next thing I know something is flapping in my face unrelentingly and I'm swatting away and feel a tiny little prick. Went inside and saw two puncture wounds (which are still on my thumb to this day)

I am pretty sure it was rabid or it wouldn't have attacked me like that. My dog is current on vaccs so she had a booster to be safe. (She didn't even feel her rabies shot at the vet- lucky dog. Lol)

You should see the reactions I get from people when I tell them the story and show the bite 😵 🦇
trippin2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote