View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 04:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Anxiety and perceived symptoms?

Hi all,

First time poster on here, but I must say my neuroticism is really getting the best of me as far as concussion-like symptoms go. I'll summarize as concise as possible. I've played football all my life but have never really suffered a typical concussion were Ive been disoriented or had a headache ect, but Ive definitely taken some big hits throughout the years. Furthermore, I have hit my head quite a bit as a kid receiving stitches/staples a few times, but I don't think Ive ever been diagnosed with a concussion with any of those incidents. The only time I've been actually diagnosed with a concussion, was when I received a mild one snowboarding with a helmet (little memory of the actual event though). I really only started to think about the ramifications of repeated head injuries when all the CTE news started to gain traction. I am 24 now, but I would say for the past 2-3 years, I've been extremely militant about not hitting my head. I've pretty much stopped playing sports or activities i enjoy out of fear of any type of hit to the head.

Pretty much whenever I get some sort of mild contact to my head, I immediately get anxiety over whether or not I could have gotten a concussion or not. Most recently, I had a pretty mild slap to the back of my head, nothing extreme but now i've convinced myself it's some sort of mild concussion. I kinda have a headache and a little difficulty concentrating.

Honestly at this point, I don't know if i'm actually experiencing real symptoms, or if my anxiety is manifesting these symptoms just because i'm always concerned with getting another concussion. Has anyone had any experience with this?
NE789 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote