Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 07:02 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Only about half of cats react to catnip, but all of ours LOVE it! It makes a mess on carpet... I don't even want to think about the mess it would leave on the laminate floors, but I know Corey will be throwing some down at some point soon. KONG makes a really potent blend.

We have two cat condos with pretty tall scratching posts that I had to repair. They like the job I did on the smaller one, but they're not happy with the work I did on the taller one because I had to use a lot of glue. When they scratch, they tend to avoid that section. I would like to buy a new tall free-standing one.

All I can say is the Feliway stuff takes time (at least for the scratching problems), but the stuff works. At least it has worked for us. But even buying it on Amazon or eBay, it can be expensive.
It turns out I had anti-scratching/anti-urine marking solution (not the multi-cat) plugged into the diffuser in the socket between the living room and kitchen. A couple hours after I put the refill in, Rocky started to become a lot more affectionate again, but it didn't effect the other cats in the same way this time. So I don't know if there was something off about the solution I used the first time, but the cats have been much more active and have been raising hell even tho I put the new one in!!!
Since Dottie hasn't been peeing inappropriately at all anymore, I guess I will replace the one in the spare bedroom with another multi-cat one in case the problems were territorial in nature? IDK.

They are my babies, and I get a lot of joy out of having them around
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-27-2017), Dmom3005 (08-29-2017), mymorgy (08-27-2017)