View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 07:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Had implant removed- still feel some soreness and numbness

I recently had a dental implant removed (lower front tooth #26) after two weeks, (background- tooth had a root canal that got infected and the tooth was extracted and bone grafted 5 months ago) at about 10 days post implant, the pain I was experiencing was so severe I could not sleep at night. My oral surgeon looked and said he did not see any signs of infection, each day i'd go in complaining of pain and he would give me antibiotics and painkillers but after the 4th day of excruciating pain I had him remove it. That night I was finally able to sleep and felt 90% better so I know it had to do something with the implant. The surgeon said while taking out the implant he still saw no sign of infection in surrounding area. I'm now two days post implant removal and I still feel a little pain when I press on my jaw on half of my jaw, from the front to the end and it feels a little numb too. Is this still after effects from the surgery or could this be infection lingering or nerve damage? Surgeon wants to try to put the implant in again after its healed but I am scared based on this experience.
jenny8484 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote