Old 08-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Same issue here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord View Post
About a week ago, I had a water-like substance dripping like a faucet from my left nostril. It continued for approximately 7 days - when I made it to the ENT it was no longer producing at the same rate. (Only when I woke up, or during exercise would it seem to start dripping.)

I have a history of headaches/blurred-vision/altered consciousness (9 months) and tinnitus (4 months)

The ENT assured me that if it was a CSF leak, it would continue to produce, and if I leaned forward, it should drip - though it did not while in the office. He examined my nose with an endoscope and saw nothing unusual.

Is this still a possible case of a CSF leak? I am not a doctor by any means, but I did do a little research and the possibility of increased intracranial hypertension resulting in a CSF leak (see attachment) seems at least plausible. My initial symptoms seem to have lined up with increased intracranial hypertension, although I never got a spinal tap pressure reading, and the brain MRI (w/o gad) was unremarkable.

My main question is, does anyone have experience with CSF rhinorrhea that comes and goes? Or is it something that comes and stays until repaired?
I too have been experiencing the same problem with clear water-like substance dripping from right nostril intermittently since my sinus surgery in 2014. Either when bending over or sitting up in bed after waking, about a teaspoon full when will drip out. When it first started a week or so after the surgery, I called him and he denied that it could be possible. Then calls me back and sends me for an MRI that turned up inconclusive. I have been back to my ENT a couple times and after scope examination says he still sees nothing and its probably just drainage pooling in my sinus cavities. Drainage isn't like water and it tastes sweet. I have woke up in the middle of the night choking on it a couple times. Not to mention embarrasing when it happens unexpectedly in public. I have a history of extreme headaches. I've learned to live with it but the fatigue is debilitating and memory and focus has diminished tremendously and affected my work capabilities. I just don't want to end up with bacterial meningitis. I called his office to request copies of my medical records and was told I could not get them since I still owe a $110 balance from previous visit. I'm sure this is a violation of HIPPA and against AMA policies and ethics.
kllycrawford is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote