Thread: Do I have MG?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Question Do I have MG?

I am a type 1 diabetic, and I am thinking that something else is going on with me.

I love to run at the gym, but over the past 8 months or so, I've been progressively growing unable to drag myself through more than about 1.5 km (vs. 4-6 km previously). I am also quick to tire and feel like I have no stamina, and my FEC1% is below 70%. Imaging results of brain and chest/abdomen are clean.

My hands and arms get weak and sore easily -- hairstyling is hard for me, and if I do a single crayon rubbing with my kids, my hand muscles burn. My jaw gets tired and freezes up when I eat more than a few bites of tough, chewy or especially crunchy things. It's hard to prop myself up with my arms. Etc etc etc.

I've been poking around about other autoimmune diseases that might cause these symptoms, and I'm beginning to wonder if I have MG. I do have one slightly droopy eyelid, so I did the look-up test (image below), followed by the ice test (image above). Looks to me like a pretty definitive MG outcome, but does anyone else have any insights to share?

Picture here (sorry, please delete spaces): *edit*

Thanks!

Last edited by Jomar; 08-27-2017 at 10:06 PM. Reason: * Sorry, no linking for new members, per guidelines
sickmm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-30-2017)