View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 10:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
Now who did the laser therapy? Was that PamelaJune or Gerry? How did that work out for you?
I think maybe you meant me? I had a few months' worth of laser treatments, 3x a week. It helped put a little "spring" in my step but certainly wasn't a cure. And it was not covered by insurance and it was NOT CHEAP.

SC, don't ever say you are a bother to us! I have actually come on this site more often since you have been posting more. I sometimes just lurk and don't post, I am kind of shy that way. But I do like to keep up with everyone's progress. We all have different stories but have that one common thread.

I was having a great few weeks - I was even walking at a decent speed (no one was passing me up for once!?) - a couple times a week since the weather has been so nice. Well, then...I had a sudden and urgent craving for NACHOS. And by that I mean, just the gooey cheese sauce that Tostito's makes and puts in a jar, and the Tostito corn chips themselves. What a mistake! I overloaded on sodium BIG-time and for the past 4 days, I have been paying for it. Flaming burning feet, swollen ankles (I call them "kankles"), very poor balance (thank God for the walls along the hallways and countertops in the kitchen to latch onto), and just generally feeling like crap.

Those darn nachos. It was just one of those things I couldn't get out of my head for a couple weeks. For 20+ years now, I would go to a restaurant and order nachos, and they give you this heaping plate of chips, beef/chicken, beans, shredded (not gooey) cheese, sour cream, salsa. I wanted just the chips with just the gooey cheese and I waited for many years to have it. I used to eat them at baseball games - they would add pickled jalapenos too. I skipped those...

Stupid story, I know - but I realize now that the fresh fruit I have been eating all summer is a much better choice. And I firmly believe there is a direct correlation between the foods I eat and how my PN is feeling.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-27-2017), PamelaJune (08-28-2017), SecondChances (08-28-2017)