View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 12:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

So still trying to get over a bit of shell-shock I suppose it could be called... that popping sound... turns out it was more than a minor little tear of a ligament, but the sound of a major tear to the rotator cuff in my shoulder which requires surgery or I could end up with further damage to the joint as well as nerve damage throughout the arm. And of course while waiting for the surgery date, no taking my arm out of a sling, refrain from bending, no lifting, move it as little as possible yada yada... and right after getting that news we had to rush my dad up to the ER since he was exhibiting signs of a massive stroke...

Turned out not to be a stroke, but a mature cataract that was leaking protein into his blind eye (he had cataract surgery on his good eye years ago) and raised the pressure of the eye so much so that the ER doctor thought the little pressure checker was miscalibrated, after spending that long trying to even figure out what was going on since all signs pointed to stroke except the labs and scans. He ended up quite lucky he didn't lose his eye in the end and is slowly recovering from it but now with the cancer treatments potentially starting soon, his doctors will need to decide which comes first, cataract surgery on a blind eye to prevent it from happening again as it will without the surgery or cancer treatment first and hope they can put off the eye surgery with medications until he's recovered enough.

And all the while my poor mom is bouncing between the two of us trying to take care of us. Oh and my DH also decided to join the party by getting himself zapped by 440 volts and has had chest pains since so he needs to see a cardiologist sometime next week... bad year