Thread: seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 12:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your workers compensation insurance. It seems to be a common problem for those that have to deal with WC and I am hoping that this is not an indication of how things will go for you from here on out. Neurontin is a starting point for most of us and it is relatively inexpensive. It kind of surprises me that they do not want to cover it, but perhaps they are just waiting to see what the pain management doctor has to say first. I would like to say, don't be discouraged if Neurontin does not work at first. It is a medication that your body needs to adjust to and a proper dose worked up to. That is something that could take weeks to months to know if it does work for you or not. Unfortunately, that is one of the biggest problems with CRPS/RSD; what may work for me, does not necessarily work for the next person, and so a little trial and error is likely to be needed to find something that does work. For me, Neurontin did not help. Hopefully, once insurance starts approving scripts for you, it will work for you.

For some things to help you get through until your WC starts working with you, I am hoping that some others will come on here and give some ideas that have helped them. I know that some have found mild relief using over the counter lidocaine. For me, keeping my ankle elevated and warm, not hot, while trying to concentrate on my breathing during those tough times has helped more than once. Try learning some relaxation techniques, listen to some white noise, meditation, are all great tools to learn and use during those painful nights. I also changed my diet and cut out red meat, pork and dairy, which in my opinion has helped reduce my daily pain levels, but that took some time. I would also like to recommend reading through the RSD "lifesavers" sticky that is posted at the top of the RSD/CRPS forum home screen. In case you have not seen it yet, here is a quick link to get to it
RSD "lifesavers"

Hopefully, things have calmed down a little for you, or at least will calm down soon, and your WC will start helping instead of playing the waiting game. No matter what happens, hold on to hope. It may take some time to find things that work for you, but they are out there. It is just a matter of time and trial and error.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-28-2017), ger715 (08-29-2017), Littlepaw (08-29-2017), RSD ME (08-31-2017)