Thread: seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 02:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

ERs are very difficult for pain management...and in my experience with RSD there's not much they can do anyway that will help me. I wasn't clear if you have been diagnosed with RSD/CRPS or not...but things that help me that don't require prescriptions are heat (heating pads, hot baths in epsom salts, staying away from anything cold, space heaters, heated blankets), TENS unit (helped when my pain was more in one spot and I could surround the area with electrodes...you can find one fairly cheaply on amazon), lidocaine patches (5% you need a prescription by you can get a 4% patch without one), and KEEP MOVING (not more than you can bare...but even small stretching exercises while seated or laying down are good). Also pay really close attention to what aggravates your pain and adjust. I use a cane and for a long time used a rolling walker (with 4 wheels and a seat) until my shoulder started acting up and I couldn't push that anymore. If mobility devices help...then use them.

As for WC...if you don't have a lawyer...get one now. Seriously...they play all sorts of games and an attorney is necessary. Even with one...it may not be a quick resolution to getting meds and dr visits covered. If you have your own insurance...use that in the mean time to get treated. It can potentially make things more complicated but it's worth it to get you treated as quickly as possible. If you do this...just keep copies of every receipt for reimbursement. Every state is different with WC...so you really need an attorney to help navigate all the rules in YOUR state and advise you. WC can and will lie to you, try to trip you up or twist your words, and there's no law saying they can't (not joking)...so protect yourself on that front.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-28-2017), Littlepaw (08-29-2017), PurpleFoot721 (08-28-2017), RSD ME (08-31-2017)