Thread: seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's always better to reach out and go SOMEWHERE if you need to. Whether that's your primary care doctor's walk in hours or ER...if it's really bad go somewhere and at least it's documented and gives you hopefully some kind of relief. The biggest issue I have with ERs is how many times I have left in WORSE pain and even MORE frustrated. But if you reach a point where you have hit your limit...go. If you can bring someone with you that is the best...someone who can help advocate for you and explain your pain/condition if possible. I was rear ended on the way home from work a few years ago and had to go to the ER because my pain sky rocketed...and I had to call my boyfriend at 1am from the hospital to have him come to help advocate for me because the docs just weren't getting it. He had to call someone to stay with our baby so he could come. It was terrible...but the doctors weren't getting that immobilizing me was making me WORSE and they kept trying to ice me and I was getting so mad that I don't think I was even making sense anymore because the pain was just out of control and I was terrified they would make me worse (and they did...but thankfully not too much worse).

I'm glad you have an attorney. The best advice I ever got when deal with work comp is to not worry about the things our of your control and focus on what you can control. Do your exercises when able (spread them out all day if you have to), try different things to see what provides even a little relief...added up those little bits can help make life bearable, and keep reaching out to people for support and help. But try very hard to not stress (I know dealing with WC that is hard)...but you have a lawyer to deal with that stuff. You work on the stuff that is in your control and take care of YOU. Sometimes keeping a journal of activities, pain levels, flare ups, etc can be very helpful to narrow down what things flare you up, what doesn't, when you have good days, what causes bad days, etc. Finding triggers can be key to making like better...because then you can figure out ways to work around them.

Take care and keep us posted.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-29-2017), Littlepaw (08-29-2017), PurpleFoot721 (08-29-2017), RSD ME (08-31-2017)