Thread: seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 04:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post
There's an opiod epidemic in this country, so it is somewhat understandable that the ER staff are reluctant to treat persistent pain. Call your PCP, he might give you enough tramadol to tide you over until your PM appointment.
I had heard such. But surely they can look at your diagnosis and say, well, this patient is a LEGIT chronic pain patient.

It's harder of course when you're not diagnosed. Hence why I went without any type of pain medication to speak of for almost 3 years. Then the doctor eased Tramadol into my medicines to take, which in my case only took the sharpness off of the pain - but at least it was *something* that helped ease the pain a little.

I was in bed 24/7 without pain medication. Now I stay in bed until 10 (bedrest, not necessarily sleep from 7 AM until 10 AM). And the rest of the day I am up. Thanks to the pain medication. I still need rest. You do if you can barely walk so... but after almost 3 years, that's what you get.

They don't let a dog suffer! Why should people? Even with this going on.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (08-31-2017)