View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 07:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs up Way too kind !!!

Hey there!

Yoooo's guys are WAYYY too kind to me, and I sure do appreciate the words!
However- PLEASE let me correct this one, which comes up often in what people say all over the place, on forums, Facebook, etc, etc etc. NOTHING meant toward any of you personally here, and not "******" I just wish to clarify something.

By no means am I (Gunny) a "Hero" my friends. Nothing I have EVER done would rate me as a "Hero" nor do I accept that term all that well ok my dear buddies?I say this due to some very close friends who were KIA over there in both shitty wars! I believe I told you about my best buddy SgtMaj Robert Cottle? (If you don't recall, or didnt hear it. These links portray some of him, and I attached a few pics of us together too. We met in 1988 while on Embassy Duty in Munich Germany. It was still when the wall was up! (LOL- You'll see a pic of us dressed in Skiing Attire up in Austria looking like 2 teenagers with 80s clothes on!! Hahaha)

http://w

ww.arlingtoncemetery.net/rjcottle.htm

Its guys like that, and others who died "Over There" as we say. Oh trust me, I was reckless at the end of my year there. Id walk out in the open when mortar rounds would be landing, when people would be shooting at us from buildings that were higher, etc. I guess that plays a part of who I am today - almost like I just didnt care if something happened to me-which I still don't. lol.

OK- BTW-- The Application was submitted for this PTSD Program at a VA Hospital up in the Northeast. Don't think I wish to say which one in case someone here lives in the immediate area? Ya know?? LMAO >Id kinda be ashamed getting a visit from a Forum Member who really doesnt even know me. Either way.......I will check back in here to let all know Im heading out (I sure hope I remember to let you guys know!!)

TTYL my friends!!
Stay safe & Stealthy out there!!!

Gunny out..............................
Attached Thumbnails
Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-9999-jpg   Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-3-26-11-jpg   Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-rob-bren-jpg   Detox, PTSD, Suicidal Ideations & More From Gunny Fitz!-118-jpg  
Gunny Fitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-30-2017), PamelaJune (08-30-2017), PurpleFoot721 (08-30-2017), Rrae (10-08-2017)