View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart What worries me about B12 supplementation

You know what worries me about B12 supplementation?

I've been noticing so many people talking about their B12 levels as shown on tests, levels that are above 1500 even 2000.

I get the impression that many people who have been tested and have shown these levels are concerned and that they and their doctors feel the levels are too high.

So, I want to say that from my experience, I learned from the notes I regularly kept about my symptoms, test results and shots, that I become depressed when my B12 level goes below 900.

And I know, I mean I am very sure that if I were tested my B12 level would be much higher than 2000 because I have so many shots...

I keep mentioning that one doctor of mine prescribed a year's worth of B12 shots. Lucky for me. (Though I was never sure whether it was a maths error or not.)

What worries me, is not the high results that some people get in their B12 tests, but that there are no studies done of people who are enduring bad diseases and take B12...

I feel it is a lot like when all the heart studies were done on men, and women got that therapy whether it suited or not. And it mostly didn't.

I feel sure that I continue to need a lot more B12 because I have an ongoing infection, because I have nerve damage from the tetanus, because I had pretty horrible peripheral neuropathy before I got tetanus, etc.

And, I feel pretty certain that all the B12 shots I have put a lot of B12 into my blood, and a little of that works its way into my muscle and nerve sheaths.

I don't think we can rely on one-dose-for-all supplementation.

I think we all need to keep little booklets of our symptoms, supplements, and test levels.

Then we need to review them and see what they show us about ourselves.

What is good for one person may not be good for another.

Not everyone needs B12... and I'm beginning to think that B12 needs some sort of extra protein, like the Whey amino acids, before it can really do the healing we want from it...

http://www.health-boundaries-bite.co...alNetwork.html