View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones that can still work. I was diagnosed 3 or 4years ago right after Thanksgiving. I had severe ptosis of the right eye. It was brought on about a week after getting a flu shot and taking antibiotics for a cough and sinus infections that I had for 2 months so I figure one of them triggered my MG. I hit the mestinon hard for about 4 months before my ptosis gradually cleared up and I have been mostly in remission since. I have been mestinon free for about 2 years with the exception of when I start feeling off like last night when my breathing (Throat tightened up) made it hard for me to sleep after driving from Boise to Salt Lake and then back to Boise in 13 hours for work. I quit seeing the neuro after she said I was misdiagnosed. She got my labs from the previous neuro and she did did a 180 with my labs in hand. I quit seeing her but will need to go back if I need anymore refills of mestinon. I am always tired in the evening though and my muscles are always sore. I have heard that muscle weakness doesn't mean muscle soreness so i guess I can't put that one on MG.
pdsmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-31-2017)