View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 04:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie2007 View Post
I saw my Rheumatologist this morning.....he said it's not the patch or the infusion.....he thinks it's West Nile Virus!
I'm still running the temp and feel like crap, which he said will last a few more weeks if it is West Nile. He took a bunch of bloodwork and I'll get those results on friday. He said to cancel my infusion for this week until he figures this out for sure and to go ahead and put the patch back on.
If you see a lot of dead crows or ravens in the area, that's a good indication that West Nile is around. They have have no resistance at all and it's usually fatal for birds. For people it's usually just an irritation, from no symptoms to like a very mild flu except the very young, very old, or people with a compromised immune system.

I wonder if the drugs you're taking or something else has weakened your immune system? Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.