Thread: Possible MG
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 05:23 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

If you've read any of my story, thank you. I typed it all pretty quickly last night and I thought of some more things. I've had two very weak days in a row, where my legs only improve with rest for a short time, maybe 2-3 minutes before they become weak again and my walking is very abnormal. It's getting hard to even move them in front of me. I've also noticed talking and eating tire me more. Also, I sometimes run out of breath while talking, which is odd. No shortness of breath otherwise. Also, on these particularly weak days, it's harder to swallow my saliva and sometimes liquid. It's like it doesn't all go down the first time. Food is okay though. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
My neurologist is going to start the Mestinon after I see him tomorrow because the acetylcholine antibody tests are delayed at the lab. They are having instrument trouble. That's frustrating but I am thankful he wants to treat me with something. I'm hopeful it will help. After talking with the nurse, it sounds like the labs he ordered for myositis came back negative, so MG is pretty likely. I will know more tomorrow, but I appreciate any insight anyone has to offer.

Thank you.
Lbee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-31-2017)