Thread: Possible MG
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

I'm glad you have a good doctor, one who took you seriously.

MG can make the heart rate go faster. When someone's O2 is low, the heart beats faster in an attempt to bring more oxygen to the tissues. Having more acetylcholine brings up the O2 and, therefore, brings down the pulse.

Steroids, due to their water retention nature, tend to bring down the pulse. Be cautious of the steroid taper. When they are tapered too soon or at too high of a dose, a person can have symptoms of an adrenal crisis (fatigue, sweating, inability to concentrate, etc.).

Yes, please do take it easy. Mention can initially make someone feel like they are normal again. But even someone on 90 mg every three hours can go into a crisis.

I hope you get the answers you need! MG has a high learning curve. I highly recommend reading past posts here, and looking at these websites.

Home
Muscular Dystrophy Association

There are MDA directors across the US who are very knowledgeable of MG. They also run MDA clinics, where a visit can be free of charge.

If you have any questions, please ask! A lot of people are probably busy with activities this time of year. The forum tends to be a bit quiet.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 09-01-2017 at 07:07 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote