View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

TedW,

I suggest you try to notice if there is a sign at 20 minutes or so that indicates you are starting to fatigue. There are often such signs. It might be needing to reread a line of text or code or a need to 'look' harder to read. If you can discover this early warning, you can possibly stop and change to a different activity for a while. The goal is to change the load on your brain. If you were doing memory intensive work, change to reading light fare.

As you recognize these signs, you may be able to slowly extend the time before the early fatigue kicks in.

I suggest you download the TBI survival guide at tbiguide.com Print it out and slowly read through it with a highlighter. It can help you define your struggles so you can relate them to attorneys, doctors and such.

As you learn to define your struggles, it is easier to avoid pushing those limits so you can function longer. Pushing to accomplish a task is often counter productive. But, by accepting the struggle with the task and looking for a way to work around your struggle, you will find you can do more than you would expect. Just try to avoid pushing yourself.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote