View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
I suspect I had the perfect storm brewing here with major stress and anxiety in my crappy life, coupled with exercise after having been so inactive for years. I cannot do much about the stress but I will need back off the gym for a bit. I wasn't doing much, some leg exercises and 1/2 mile daily, but evidently even that was too much for my poor damaged body. I still hurt like hell but it is important to keep my spirits up. Yesterday I was falling into the abyss and that is a scary dark place to dwell.

Even doing 1/2 mile walking daily, might be dropped to every other day, as well as the leg exercising. In the case of PN; pain is "no gain".

I understand this is a reminder of how little it takes to aggravate your condition; but don't give it all up. Dwelling on what you can do rather than what you can't do will only pull you, as you mentioned to a "scary dark place".

I've had a good talking to "self" on this same issue. Got out yesterday a.m. and did some needed gardening and watering. Just about forget my disability for a while. Mission accomplished was a good feeling.

SC, take it low and easy; but please don't give up.

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (09-02-2017)