View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Maybe a "stupid question".. But. I sleep kinda good. Like 8-9 hours a night.. That's enough.
But my day and night are messed up right now..
I'm not fully healed, but it's getting better. Mostly headaches.. And what i wrote before.

But can i be awake like 24-30 hours and then sleep when night falls, instead of like right now, i sleep during the day.. I'm a night owl/vampire at the moment.

Is it harmful to the brain or neurons/cells, or recovery if i stay awake for that long, etc?
Getting my sleeping routine better then it is right now.
Or perhaps it's mostly the body that is affected i don't know the science behind it and staying awake for that long, i did it sometimes before i had a concussion, because i sometimes have a "wrong"/shifted sleeping pattern. It's both the brain and body that gets affected i guess with staying awake for 24-30h, but not that harmful when not having a concussion, but i don't know how it is when healing after my last blow to the head. It's been over a months now so it might be alright to try it out.

I'm already tired now though.. I feel tired all of the time atm. Don't know if i will change my rhythm today or some other day. But i guess it's no big deal if i stay awake for that long. Might just have a headache, fall asleep at the night, and then be tired the next day, but then sleep during the night instead the days after like i want.

I just want to recover the best. But also sleep during the night and stay awake during the days. I thought i would ask. Maybe some of you know stuff like this, but i'm guessing it might not be a big deal to stay awake if/when i want to get my sleeping pattern more optimal.
Thanks

EDIT:
Found this on google:
h**ps://uhs.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/Head_Injury_Concussion.pdf

(This link rule. I don't like it. Head_Injury_Concussion.pdf , uhs[dot]berkeley[dot]edu)

"Rest your body: Avoid any exertion which increases symptoms. Resume normal activitie gradually, and as tolerated. Avoid pulling “all nighters” as sleep will help recovery. Take naps or rest breaks when you feel tired or fatigued."

Might have been the first 7 days, or longer. But i'm not going to change my rhythm today, to tired. Good to know for some other time. But i understand that rest and sleep is the best, so it's a kinda "stupid" question.
But i'm alright with being a night owl at the moment.

Last edited by temporary; 09-04-2017 at 12:31 AM.
temporary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote