View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 03:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Feeling hecklish:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
just curious, what pharmaceutical pd drugs has your brother tried? has he tried plain old carbidopa/levodopa? if he has tried it and gets no benefit then he won't do any better on mucana. if he's looking to just start something for the first with l-dopa in it, it has always made more sense to me to start with c/l to get a baseline and then work in mucana, which can take awhile to get the right product and dosage. keep in mind that you have no guarantee that every batch of mucana is what it says it is.
I'm going to take issue with this, ST, although I appreciate and/or agree with the vast majority of your posts (great minds think alike, eh?)

We don't get much benefit from sinemet, sometimes none at all, and this has been our reality for a long time. Maybe if we did, we wouldn't be so beholden to mucuna. But we DO get therapuetic benefit from mucuna, consistently, even though the bloom has been off the sinemet rose for quite awhile.

I'm not sure it's correct to predict that if someone doesn't benefit from sinemet they won't benefit from mucuna. That has not been true for us, at least. Mucuna works for us when sinemet doesn't, with food, when you're stuck, frozen, stiff, feeling like crap, etc. After hearing us talk about it for years, our neuro was curious enough about it to ask for the dose and brand we used
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (09-05-2017)