View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 05:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MP, Sinemet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
I'm going to take issue with this, ST, although I appreciate and/or agree with the vast majority of your posts (great minds think alike, eh?)

We don't get much benefit from sinemet, sometimes none at all, and this has been our reality for a long time. Maybe if we did, we wouldn't be so beholden to mucuna. But we DO get therapuetic benefit from mucuna, consistently, even though the bloom has been off the sinemet rose for quite awhile.

I'm not sure it's correct to predict that if someone doesn't benefit from sinemet they won't benefit from mucuna. That has not been true for us, at least. Mucuna works for us when sinemet doesn't, with food, when you're stuck, frozen, stiff, feeling like crap, etc. After hearing us talk about it for years, our neuro was curious enough about it to ask for the dose and brand we used
I agree with lurk that sometimes we don't get much benefit from Sinemet, sometimes none at all especially when eating some protein foods not "planned". This is a big problem for me because you cannot give up meat, fish and those with good nutritious resources you need. Does MP interfere with any common protein food? Is this the reason that you take the MP at the same time with Sinemet if MP does interfere with protein? Thanks/Will
wxxu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (09-05-2017)