View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 12:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnzie49 View Post
Hi all,

My name is Dawn and I was in a car accident in May that caused a cocussion (this is my 3rd in total). After almost 8 weeks PCP sent me to a neurologist who told me to "live my life". And that I had PTSD. Found another neurologist who finally diagnosed me with Post Concussive Syndrome. I'm doing PT/OT yet still have symptoms. Some are "typical" like headaches and balance issues. But three times I've had this weird thing happen...

Recently I was at my child's football game-wearing a baseball hat and ear plug. I was having a little issue walking but decided to push myself-and I need to mention it was pouring out which seems to make things sooooo much worse.

Anyway, unexpectedly, an announcer came over the speakers at the game. Suddenly my body froze. I dont' know how else to explain it. My feet were almost locked and I had to force myself (I had friends on either side in case I fell) help me into my car. I was mortified.

Has this "frozen" thing ever happened to you?

Any help would be great and thx so much for hearing me and having me!

Dawn
Sounds like we have the same thing.....It was explained to me as most "normal people " have fight or flight.....So many things can create this, sound sights vibrations, its called Freeze.....I can have a bad time crossing streets because of it, all it takes is a car horn, or someone squeal their wheels.
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote