View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 03:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Titer Results!

Woo! I got my results back today for the end point titer. It turns out that my immune system is amazing and produced a huge amount of antibodies in response to the vaccine. And to think I was worried about vaccine failure .

For those who are curious, it was 20.8 IU/mL and there were still antibodies present at a dilution of 1:1300 (which is a really small amount of serum).

Also, Trippin, I appreciate your motivational suggestion about setting goals. I am in my senior year of college right now. My ultimate goal was (and still probably is) to become a veterinarian. However, that goal has put me through the ringer (i.e. the rabies exposure). The only reason I was exposed was because I work at a vet clinic and we were treating the sickly kitten that some client brought in. This rabies fiasco isn't the only thing that has shaken my dedication to my goal, but it definitely made an impact.

My story isn't as inspiring as yours, for sure. I grew up and live in a fairly affluent suburb of Washington DC. I went to great schools and was given great opportunities. I still have great opportunities available to me, its just choosing my specific path that is becoming the hard part.

I will continue to check in every few days from here on out. Both mentally and physically I feel 100% back to normal, so hopefully it stays that way.

And if we get any newcomers, I would be happy to help them though this

Last edited by peacefulday; 09-05-2017 at 03:53 PM. Reason: typo
peacefulday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote