View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 08:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Wow!

Wonderful news, peacefulday! Life can really jolt your plans sometimes. As you know, you'll need to do a lot of research and consult some experts before becoming a veterinarian. In 2009, I finished an entire program in Asian Body Therapy and was all set to go forward with my second career. Then a prescription of Cipro changed everything. It trashed my immune system and left me with severe food allergies, multi-chemical sensitivity, joint damage, and a torn retina. And those problems are what is left after a long, long, long period of recovery. I could have done the Thai Body Work, Shiatsu, Tui Na, and traditional massage, but I couldn't be anywhere near the herbs, essential oils, and lineaments that are necessary along with those protocols. End of second career. I still wouldn't exchange the experiences and knowledge I gained for anything. That knowledge gives me the best of both worlds, alternative medicine and biomedicine, when making health decisions for my husband and myself. As they say, there's a reason for everything even if we may never know why. I retired from a clerical job at a community college. Both you and trippin2 seem to have very healthy attitudes and outlooks on life. I have a saying on the front of my fridge; "Setbacks pave the way for comebacks." Stay positive.

Last edited by Batbite24; 09-05-2017 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Added information
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote