View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would strongly encourage getting an attorney because WC is so hard to navigate. Not only that...but WC will not only mislead you but can LIE to you and try to get YOU to say something that they then twist around...and it's totally legal for them to do that. As stated before...attorneys get nothing until YOU do and whatever you get WILL be more for having an attorney than whatever you could get on your own. Attorneys will also be able to guide you on your options and will handle all communications with WC...which in and of itself can be a HUGE relief off of you. I've had issues with attorneys in the past too...so I agree that you should research or interview several before choosing one. You'll definitely want one who is familiar with RSD and has had similar cases before. But believe me...it's ALWAYS better to have one than not have one when dealing with WC.

If your doctor (or was it WC's doctor?) says you can work part time sedentary work then there's not a lot you'll be able to do unless you can demonstrate why that ISN'T true (either trying to get a part time sedentary job and seeing what happens or get a contradicting opinion that states you can't...something like a Functional Capacity Exam). An attorney will be able to guide you on which of those is the best option. FCEs are expensive...so heads up on that.

I am sorry you are going through this...I am in the midst of a battle with WC that likely will not be resolved for YEARS and in the mean time am going through my regular private insurance and trying to get long term disability benefits approved (was denied, have another lawyer for that, so complicated). So I totally get it. If you need to talk, you can always message me. The rules are different in every state...but I've found sometimes just talking things through can help.

Hugs.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-06-2017), PurpleFoot721 (09-06-2017)