View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 04:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, you're lucky, our medical practice varies charges for issuing scripts without an appt. anything from $10 to $15 & depending on the circumstances our normal GP will mostly bulk bill DB if he is attending, yet she always charges me, minimum $80 of which we get about $37 back from m/care. Maybe once or twice a year she will bulk bill me. But as a practice about 3 years ago they put big signs out saying we will no longer bulk bill so we are appreciative of the bulk billing when we get it. We could change to a bulk billing practice but I've been going to this practice since I was a teenager and they have all my history. DB since we came to Aus 2004. I've been seeing my current GP for 7 years and 3 years for DB. She really does care for us both so we suck it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
That is great Wide-O.

The public health system here (Medicare, similar to the NHS in the UK) is similar.

When I need a replacement script for my calcium-channel blocker I just go to my GP (which is free).

It is then just a matter of getting it supplied by a pharmacist. Medicare subsidises this - it costs me about $A1 per day.
ger715 (09-06-2017), kiwi33 (09-06-2017), Wide-O (09-06-2017)