Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Debbie! I've been a little MIA myself.

Congrats on the grandkids! It's hard to believe you have 6 now. DD27 is expecting her first baby in February. That will be my second.

I think the inability to deal with the craziness and noise is both an age thing and the MS. Cognitively, it's difficult to process all that is going on and kids are just all over the place both in action and noise. I also think that we get used to the peace and quite as the kids get older and then move out on their own. Then come the grands and oh my goodness!!! It's chaos to us.

I too am having more trouble standing up from a sitting position. I am now in physical therapy and it's been helping. I have noticed a slow decline since my surgery a couple of years ago. I have been attributing it to that. Maybe one of your doctors can prescribe some PT to help strengthen you legs/pelvic floor. Keeping those muscles strong will help us if we fall.

Thanks for checking in.

My news.....

DD27, as I mentioned, will be having her first baby in February. She's pretty excited about it. Her husband has been so good to her and making sure she is taken care of and has been going to all her appointments with her. It's so sweet to see.

DD26 is busy rocking the single working mom thing. Poor thing gets so exhausted and overwhelmed though. She deals with patients all day long and then has to deal with a sassy 2.5 year old. 2.5 to 3 is crazy!!!! They like little tornados in both sound and destruction.

I was "lucky" to have a long vacation in the hospital. The good news is that I may not need more surgery to my stomach. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My GI doctor put me on a new med to see if we can keep the inflammation down and avoid surgery.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Check in when you can.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (04-23-2018)