View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 02:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been taking mucuna for year and a half on daily bases. It helped me to cut down from taking 3x100/25 LC daily to 2x100/25 LC with addition of mucuna. My dosage and timing of taking LC and mucuna if very flexible depending if I am home or going out, what I eat, stress level, etc. I still work full time in the office from 8 to 4:30 Monday to Friday, five years after diagnosis. On working days I usually take 100/25 LC at 6:30am and 1 capsule of Dopa Mucuna at 7:20 with some cooked oatmeal and coffee (no protein). If I take only LC in the morning without mucuna, I am off in 2.5 hours or less: addition of mucuna extends my on time up to 4.5 hours. At 11:00 am I take half of 100/25 LC and 1 Dopa Mucuna capsule together and go for lunch at 12:00 (again I try to avoid protein). I take another half of 100/25 LC and 1 Dopa Mucuna around 3:00 pm and this is it for the day. But, if I have meeting at work for exempla at 2:00 I will take 1tsp of Zandopa mucuna powder mix in water half an hour earlier to maintain my on time and not to have to take meds while I am at the meeting (nobody at work knows that I have PD) . Also, stress will shorten my on time considerably, or cancel meds all together, so on a stressful morning I might take extra 1 tsp of Zandopa at 9:30 am. If I am going out in the evening I will increase my mucuna intake usually by taking 1tsp Zandopa 1-2 hr after I take half of the 100/25 LC with 1 Dopa Mucuna capsule. I try Banyan mucuna organic powder but it doesn’t work for me as well as Zandopa. On the weekends I take meds and mucuna on as needed bases trying to take less LC if I can. When I am taking LC with mucuna I have better and more dependable relive of my symptoms (tremor, stiffness, rigidity, drugging left foot, etc”). Increasing LC intake before I added mucuna really made me feel tired; I was falling asleep sitting at my desk. Mucuna doesn't seem to do that. I guess everyone has their own unique reaction to meds or mucuna. I think that the most important thing is to listen to your body and also when trying mucuna to find the brand and the dosage that works for you.
Bogusia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (09-07-2017), jeffreyn (09-07-2017), soccertese (09-07-2017)